Aromatherapy works with your body and emotions in a very natural, holistic way. By gently activating your body’s own healing abilities, aromatherapy helps to restore
balance to your body and mind. Aromatherapy complements almost any other type of therapy or healing practice, whether conventional
or alternative. In some cases it is advisable not to use some essential oils, please ask a certified aromatherapist. Also keep in mind that personal care product are full of potentially harmful chemicals, by making your own cosmetics you can protect yourself.
Here is a partial list of the benefits of using essential oils:
* Essential oils such as lemon, organo and mountain savory can help boost your immune system.
*Minimize the discomforts and speed up your recover if you do get sick with essential oils such as lavender, rosemary
*Many essential oils make effective first aid treatments.
*Aromatherapy can help you reduce and manage stress with oils such as patchouli, birch and basil.
*Alleviate anxiety and tension, and minimize the physical aches and pains they cause.
*To help you to relax and unwind after a stressful day try lavender and peppermint.
* You can use aromatherapy to refresh and recharge yourself so that you can keep up with life. A drop of peppermint
in a bottle of water is wonderfully refreshing!
* Many essential oils can help you regulate your moods.
* Some are uplifting and energizing.
* Some are calming and sedating.
* Cedarwood, juniper, spruce and frankincense will help clear your mind.
*Many essential oils can improve your complexion. Read Aromatherapy for Vibrant Health & Beauty. Lavender is a great one to start with because it is good for so many things.
* Lemon and orange good for clogged pores.
* Lemongrasse and cedarwood are good for balancing oily skin.
* Roman chamomile, sandalwood and myrrh are good for chapped dry skin.
* To add body and shine to your hair, rosemary,
clary sage and lavender are the best.
When essential oils are blended together
they can be even more beneficial. A certified aromatherapist can creat a blend to fit your needs.